A handy guide for new and experienced authors alike.
We are happy to accept unsolicited fiction and non-fiction submissions. However, owing to the volume of manuscripts received, we can now only accept manuscripts submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Every effort will be made to respond to submissions, but please note that this may take up to 12 weeks.
What are we looking for?
Before submitting, please take time to read the guidelines below.
How to submit
- Is your book suited to Transworld Ireland? If you want to ensure your work finds the right audience, itís important to do your research first, and appeal to publishers who are the best match for you.
- Transworld Ireland publishes a broad range of literary and commercial writers, in both fiction and non-fiction, but please note that we do not publish poetry, childrenís books, fantasy, speculative or science fiction.
- We are actively seeking new, distinctive voices, original writing and strong storylines. Please also note that we are a dedicated Irish imprint, publishing Irish writers and/or books that are relevant to the country of Ireland.
- Fiction submissions should contain a synopsis and a few sample chapters (approximately 50 pages), accompanied by a cover letter/email containing your name, address and other contact details.
- Non-fiction submissions should contain a proposed outline, chapter outline and a sample chapter if available, accompanied by a cover letter/email containing your name, address and other contact details.
- Non-fiction submissions should include a proposed outline, chapter outline and a sample chapter if available, accompanied by a cover letter/email containing your name, address and other contact details.
- You may also include other supporting materials, such as recent press coverage, a short biographical note, endorsements for the book, a list of comparable books, etc.
- All work should be typed, double-spaced and clearly laid out. Pages should be numbered and please include your name and the book title in the header on each page. Please send as Word documents or PDFs.
Please DO NOT send submissions by post, as we may not respond to them and it may not be practical to return unsolicited material. Transworld Ireland cannot accept responsibility for unsolicited material sent by post. Please bear in mind that due to the large number of submissions we receive, it may not be possible to confirm receipt of your material. We are unable to give editorial feedback at submission stage and cannot enter into any correspondence about unpublished work.